There ‘ve been only animal tracks on the Hermitage driveway since that white, fluffy stuff began falling from the sky a few weeks ago. That will change soon. The driveway snow will either melt or be plowed for Ajahn Sudanto’s and Venerable Kondañño’s arrival on January 11.
The monks may leave cold and snowy (and beautiful!) Birken Forest Monastery in British Columbia, only to return to pretty darn chilly and snowy White Salmon, Washington!
Regular / Recurring Events with the Monks
Weekly, Meditation with the Monks, Resuming January 17th
- The monks will resume leading meditation and offering Dhamma reflections, on Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi. All are welcome!
Monthly, Beginning in April
- Community Work Parties at Hermitage (1st Saturdays, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Apr.-Sep.)
- Half-Day Retreats at Yoga Samadhi (2nd Saturdays, 1:00 – 5:00 pm, Apr.-Nov.)
- Portland Friends of the Dhamma (3rd Fridays & Saturdays, Apr.-Nov.)
- Tea, questions, meditation and Dhamma talk (5:30 – 9:00 pm, Third Fridays)
- Almsround and Meal Offering at PFoD (10:30 am – 1:00 pm, Third Saturdays)
Special Events, Comings, Goings and Retreats
- Dec. 1 – Feb. 28 2016-17 Winter Retreat
- Jan. 11 Aj. Sudanto & Tan Kondañño return to Hermitage
- May 3 – 17 Retreat at Birken Monastery for Hermitage group
- May 19 – 27 Aj. Sudanto to Amaravati Monastery (UK)
- July 7 & 8 Luang Por Sumedho visits
- July 9 – Oct. 5 Vassa (Monastic Summer Retreat)
- Aug 19 – 22 Aj. Sudanto to Steens Mtn. / Bend
- Aug. 29 – 30 Willa & Jitindryia Tuesday, plus Daylong
- Sep. 6 – 13 Yosemite Monastic Retreat
- Sep. 16 & 17 Hermitage Pah Bah*
- Oct. 6 – 12 Aj. Sudanto to Temple Monastery Kathina
- Dec. 1 – Feb. 28 2017-18 Winter Retreat
*If you will need lodging for the Pah Bah, it’s best to arrange it as soon as possible.
Please check the Pacific Hermitage website often to keep current with any additions, cancellations or changes. To learn about or offer alms food or a meal to the monks, please visit our Support page or contact Debie at firstname.lastname@example.org.