Luang Por Pasanno Visit: May 18-22
He’ll be staying in Portland, teaching at Portland Friends of the Dhamma May 18-20, and leading the Tuesday night sit in White Salmon on May 22.
Regular Events and Updates
The Hermitage schedule during May will be a bit different. The monks will be away at the Birken Retreat, May 2-16, so the 1st Saturday Garden Party and 2nd Saturday Half-Day Meditation have been cancelled and community members will host two of the Tuesday night sits. Luang Por Pasanno will be leading PFoD activities on the 3rd weekend of the month as well as the May 22 Tuesday night sit.
- MAY 2-16 — Birken Retreat (monks will be away)
- MAY 5 — Garden Party — CANCELLED
- MAY 12 — Half-Day of Meditation — CANCELLED
- MAY 18, 19 (&20) — Luang Por Pasanno at Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD) Friday evening, for a Saturday daylong and for Sila Sunday activities. More information at the PFoD website.
- TUESDAY NIGHT SITS — Community Meditation, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon, WA. Cushions & chairs available.
- May 8 & 15: A lay community member will host while the monks are away.
- May 22: Luang Por Pasanno will lead meditation and Dhamma reflections.
Birken Retreat (May 2-16)
In May, the monks will join about 20 members of the Hermitage community at Birken Forest Monastery, near Kamloops, BC, for a meditation retreat. Springtime Birken Retreats have become a tradition for the community and give an ever-growing number of practitioners the opportunity to experience deeper, longer-term practice. Note: The retreat is full, so registration is closed.
Update on Restaurant Dana (Donations)
We’ve updated one aspect of our December 12, 2017 post “Several Ways to Support the Monks With Food,” specifically about adding to a gift card or tab at a local restaurant. If you’d like to offer in that way, we’d prefer that you do so by contacting the restaurant directly (not through Sanghata). Please contact the meal dana coordinator for details or assistance. Thank you for your generosity!