September brings the annual Pah Bah weekend and visitors from Abhayagiri Monastery. Help is still needed with forest and firewood work.
Pah Bah Weekend: September 15 & 16
Join us in White Salmon! Saturday is a half-day meditation retreat. Sunday is the actual Pah Bah — an enjoyable, family-oriented event focused on offering support to the Pacific Hermitage. See our previous post for more detail. Ajahn Karunadhammo, Ajahn Sek and four others from Abhayagiri will join the Pacific Hermitage monks.
Help Still Needed in the Forest
The monks could use some help over the next couple of weeks, gathering wood for the winter and pulling together brush into burn piles. Please consider coming to the Sept. 1 Garden Party (details below) or email the Hermitage to arrange another time. Your help will be much appreciated!
- SEPTEMBER 1 — Garden Party at the Hermitage. Time: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm. You can come for any or all of the activities. It’s a great way to see the Hermitage, help out in the yard, get to know some folks and have some fun!
- 10:30 am: Potluck meal (Tell the meal dana coordinator if you’re coming.)
- 1 – 3 pm: Yard work and other chores
- 3 – 4 pm: Tea and chat (until 4 pm)
- SEPTEMBER 8 — Half-Day of Meditation with the monks in White Salmon, 1- 5 pm, at Yoga Samadhi. Mostly walking and sitting meditation. Brief dhamma talk. Cushions & chairs available.
- SEPTEMBER 14 — Monks at Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD) The monks will visit Friday evening only. They will be in White Salmon on Saturday, leading the Pah Bah weekend half-day meditation retreat.
- TUESDAY NIGHT SITS — Community Meditation, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon, WA. Cushions & chairs available.
Travel & Winter Plans
- Venerable Suddhiko will depart October 24.
- The monks will attend the October 28 Kathina at Abhayagiri Monastery. Exact dates aren’t yet scheduled, but they plan to visit for several days.
- Ajahn Sudanto will spend the first part of Winter Retreat at Birken Monastery, staying there from December through January.
- Ajahn Kassapo plans to stay at the Hermitage through Winter Retreat.
- Venerable Kovilo (from Abhayagiri) will join Ajahn Kassapo December 1.