Integrating Body & Mind: Four-Day Meditation Retreat
Join Bhante Rahula for a meditation retreat focusing on mindfulness, vipassana, yoga and breathing. (More on Bhante Rahula here.) Enjoy four days at a lovely retreat center a few miles north of White Salmon, Washington. Space is limited, so register early!
Dates: July 4 at 3:00 pm – July 8 at 1:00 pm (Wed. – Sun.)
Please arrive on the first day between 1:00 and 2:45 pm.
Location: Atlan Forest Camp
37 Nestor Peak Road, White Salmon, Washington (off Highway 141). More information about Atlan here.
- Onsite (Atlan) Camping — $10 per night per person. These are primitive camp sites with two composting toilets, a handwashing sink, and two outdoor showers with on-demand hot water. Retreatants bring their own tent and bedding. Carts are available to bring in your personal items.
- Offsite Lodging — White Salmon, Husum and Hood River are all relatively nearby. Please reserve your lodging early, since this is peak season in the Columbia River Gorge.
- The retreat will end each day at 8 p.m. to allow people to drive to lodging or prepare for camping in daylight.
Atlan is not an ADA accessible facility, so is not suitable for people with mobility or disability issues. Retreatants will need to walk several minutes from the parking area to the meditation hall, with some rough ground and stairs along the way. There is no parking next to the meditation hall/forest yurt.
Atlan is small, peaceful, rustic facility, and space is limited to 30 participants. Early registration is recommended to secure a spot.
The retreat fee of $110 includes the cost of the facility, a simple breakfast buffet (hard-boiled eggs, fruit, multi-grain bread, coffee and tea), a mid-day vegetarian meal (including gluten-free and dairy-free options) catered by Saltrose Kitchen, and early evening tea time treats (chocolate, cheese, ginger). Since this is a monastic retreat, no meal is provided after mid-day.*
Retreat Fee: $110
- $40 non-refundable deposit at time of registration
- $70 balance (cash or check) upon arrival at retreat
- Checks to be made to Sanghata (the Pacific Hermitage Board of Stewards)
Atlan Camping Fee: $40
- If you are camping at Atlan, this fee is due upon arrival.
*NOTE: The Atlan kitchen is not available during the retreat for individual cooking use or storing food. Additional dietary restrictions beyond gluten-free and dairy free cannot be accommodated. Sample menus available upon request (use email address below for requests or questions). Retreatants may bring their own non-perishable food and snacks to supplement meals.
Retreatants are asked to arrive on time, participate in the full retreat and to keep the Five Precepts during the retreat: refraining from harming living things, taking what is not given, sexual misconduct, lying or gossip, taking intoxicating substances e.g. drugs or alcohol.
Retreatants may be asked to help with chores such as set up, clean up, tidying or sweeping. Please note on the registration form if you are able to assist the retreat coordinators with simple tasks during the retreat.
Dana for Bhante Rahula
Bhante Rahula’s dhamma teachings are freely offered. The retreat fee covers only the use of the facility and meals. Each retreatant has the opportunity to offer “dana” to Bhante Rahula at the end of the retreat. Typically, this is in the form of a check made out to Sanghata or cash in an envelope that is offered to the teacher at the end of the retreat.
To register, please print and fill out the registration form, and mail the completed form with a check for $40.00 made out to Sanghata (non-refundable deposit). Details and mailing instructions are on the registration form. Once your registration and deposit have been received and processed, you will receive an email with additional details, directions, etc. Partial registrations are not available for this retreat.
Please email Mimi Maduro.