Meal offerings are needed for Saturdays or Sundays without a blue band on the calendar below. Click Support. for information about.To schedule a meal offering, please contact the meal dana coordinator. List of regular and special events below the calendar.
2018 Regular/Recurring Events with the Monks
Weekly: Meditation with the Monks
- Meditation and Dhamma Reflections (Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi)
Monthly: Beginning in April
- Work/Garden Parties at Hermitage (1st Saturdays, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Apr.- Oct.)
- Half-Day Retreats at Yoga Samadhi (2nd Saturdays, 1:00 – 5:00 pm, Apr. – Nov.)
- Portland Friends of the Dhamma (3rd Saturdays & the day before, Apr. – Nov.)
- Fri. — Tea, questions, meditation and Dhamma talk (5:30 – 9:00 pm)
- Sat. — Alms Round, then Meal Offering at PFoD (10:30 am – 1:00 pm)
2018 Special Events, Comings, Goings and Retreats
(in process of being updated)
- Dec. 1 – Mar. 31 2017-18 Monastic Winter Retreat
- Jan. 29 Aj. Sudanto returns from Thailand
- May 2 – 16 Birken Retreat Hermitage groups
- July 3-6 Aj. Sucitto visits
- July 4 – 8 Bhante Rahula Retreat*
- July 28 Vassa (Monastic Summer Retreat) begins
- Sep. 15 & 16 Pah Bah Weekend*: Half-Day Retreat and Ceremony
* Arrange your lodging as soon as possible.
Please check the Pacific Hermitage website often to keep current with any additions, cancellations or changes. To learn about or offer alms food or a meal to the monks, please visit our Support page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.