Meal offerings are needed for Saturdays or Sundays without a blue band on the calendar below. For more information, click Support. To schedule a meal offering, please contact the meal dana coordinator. Regular and special events are listed below the calendar.
2017 Regular/Recurring Events with the Monks
Weekly, Meditation with the Monks
- Meditation and Dhamma Reflections (Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi)
Monthly, Beginning in April
- Community Work Parties at Hermitage (1st Saturdays, 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Apr.-Sep.)
- Half-Day Retreats at Yoga Samadhi (2nd Saturdays, 1:00 – 5:00 pm, Apr.-Nov.)
- Portland Friends of the Dhamma (3rd Fridays & Saturdays, Apr.-Nov.)
- Tea, questions, meditation and Dhamma talk (5:30 – 9:00 pm, Third Fridays)
- Almsround and Meal Offering at PFoD (10:30 am – 1:00 pm, Third Saturdays)
- NOTE: April & July events are technically the 3rd Fri. & 4th Sat. See calendar.
2017 Special Events, Comings, Goings and Retreats
- Dec. 1 – Feb. 28 2016-17 Winter Retreat
- Jan. 11 Aj. Sudanto & Tan Kondañño return to Hermitage
- May 3 – 17 Retreat at Birken Monastery for Hermitage group
- May 19 – 27 Aj. Sudanto to Amaravati Monastery (UK)
- July 7 Luang Por Sumedho visits PFoD
- July 9 – Oct. 5 Vassa (Monastic Summer Retreat)
- Aug 19 – 22 Aj. Sudanto to Steens Mtn. / Bend
- 8/29& 30; 9/2 Willa & Jitindryia Tuesday night, plus Daylongs
- Sep. 6 – 13 Yosemite Monastic Retreat
- Sep. 16 & 17 Hermitage Pah Bah*
- Oct. 6 – 12 Aj. Sudanto to Temple Monastery Kathina
- Dec. 1 – Feb. 28 2017-18 Winter Retreat
*If you will need lodging for the Pah Bah, it’s best to arrange it as soon as possible.
Please check the Pacific Hermitage website often to keep current with any additions, cancellations or changes. To learn about or offer alms food or a meal to the monks, please visit our Support page or contact Debie at email@example.com.