Luang Por Sumedho
July 7th, 6 – 8 PM
Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD)
A special opportunity to hear Dhamma reflections directly from the senior western monk and beloved teacher for this tradition.
This will be his only public talk in the Portland area. (He will not be visiting the Hermitage.)
Regular July Events — Please Join Us!
Weekly Meditation w/the Monks
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon
Meditate for 30 – 40 minutes, then listen to Dhamma reflections and ask questions. Cushions and chairs are available. All are welcome. No cost and no experience needed.
Garden Party, July 1, at the Hermitage
10:30 am — Potluck Meal Meal offered to monks by 11:00 am. Please let meal dana coordinator know if you’re bringing food.
1:00 pm — Yard work
3:00 – 4:00 pm — Tea party and chat
Come for any part or all of the afternoon.
Half Day of Meditation, July 8
1:00 – 5:00 pm at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon
Enjoy sitting and walking meditation with the monks, and Dhamma reflections by Ajahn Sudanto or Ajahn Karunadhammo. Cushions and chairs available. No cost. All welcome.
Monks at Portland Friends of the Dhamma
Friday and Saturday, July 21 & 22
- July 21, 5:30 – 9:00 pm — Tea, questions, meditation & Dhamma talk
- July 22, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm — Alms round on Hawthorne Street (10:30 – 11:00 am), then a meal offering at PFoD beginning at 11:00 am.
A Look Ahead at Special Events
Willa Thaniya and Jitindriya
– August 29 — Tuesday Night Meditation
– August 30 & September 2 — Meditation Daylongs
Two former Thai Forest tradition nuns will lead a Tuesday night meditation, then one meditation daylong in late August (Underwood, WA) and one in early September (Portland, OR). More information about the daylongs and teachers in previous post on this website. Further details coming mid-July. No registration needed. Questions? Contact Carole.
Pah Bah 2017
September 16 & 17
Join honored guests Luang Por Pasanno, Ajahn Siripanyo and other visiting monastics, along with Ajahn Sudanto, Ajahn Karunadhammo and Tan Kondañño for this annual event. Look for an announcement in your mailbox in mid-July. Plus, we’ll be putting out more Pah Bah details here and by email, in early
August. Email for information or to volunteer.
Comings and Goings
- Ajahn Siripanyo is visiting the Hermitage until July 5. He will visit again during the Pah Bah. Welcome to White Salmon, Ajahn.
- Ajahn Karunadhammo returns to the Hermitage July 5 and plans to stay through the summer. It’s always wonderful to have Ajahn in residence.