- Monks are away until July 3.
- Join us for regular monthly events and Tuesday night sits.
- UPDATE: Ajahn Sucitto visits. **Click here for details.
- UPDATE: Bhante Rahula visits. **Click here for details.
- Volunteer needed for September Pah Bah.
- UPDATE: Abhaygiri Thanksgiving Retreat registration now open.
Regular Events — Everyone is Welcome!
- JULY 7 — Garden Party at the Hermitage. Time: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm. You can come for any or all of the activities. It’s a great way to see the Hermitage, help out in the yard, get to know some folks and have some fun!
- 10:30 am: Potluck meal (Tell the meal dana coordinator if you’re coming.)
- 1 – 3 pm: Yard work and other chores
- 3 – 4 pm: Tea and chat (until 4 pm)
- JULY 14 — Half-Day of Meditation with the monks in White Salmon, 1- 5 pm, at Yoga Samadhi. Mostly walking and sitting meditation. Brief dhamma talk. Cushions & chairs available.
- JULY 20 & 21 — Monks at Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD) Friday evening and for Saturday morning alms and meal. More information at the PFoD website.
- TUESDAY NIGHT SITS — Community Meditation, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon, WA. Cushions & chairs available.
Special Visitors **
JULY 3 – 6 — Ajahn Sucitto (photo) Ajahn will lead the July 3 Community Meditation in White Salmon and will be staying at the Hermitage.
JULY 9 — Bhante Rahula at Hermitage during meal time. (Registration for Bhante Rahula’s July 4-8 Retreat is closed.)
Volunteer Coordinator Needed for Hermitage Pah Bah
Sanghata* needs a volunteer to coordinate the setting up and dismantling of chairs, tables, etc. for the September 15 & 16 Pah Bah weekend. If you’re interested or have questions, please contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Pah Bah is a traditional Thai ceremony of offering robe cloth and needed items to a monastic community. It’s a family oriented and joyful event.
*Sanghata is the lay board of stewards for the Pacific Hermitage. They receive and manage financial donations and help coordinate the annual Pah Bah. Please visit sanghata.net for more information about the board. Sign up for mailings and emails (see last article) to learn more about the Pah Bah.
Comings and Goings
- JUNE 27 — Tan Sampanno ended his stay at the Hermitage when he returned to Abhayagiri for the reception hall celebration. Thank you for visiting!
- JULY 2 — Ajahn Sudanto, Ajahn Kassapo will return from the celebration, along with Tan Suddhiko (in photo). Tan Suddhiko plans to stay at the Hermitage through mid to late November. You can learn more about him at the Abhayagiri website.
Is Your Contact Information Current?
If your email or postal address has changed, please update your information by filling out the Sign up for Pacific Hermitage List form at the bottom of this page. You’ll need to fill in the entire form again. Thank you!