April Events Begin with a Garden Party — Saturday April 1
Help give the Hermitage grounds a Spring cleaning!
Free those spring flowers from the weeds, clean up Winter’s aftermath, and help move what’s left of the woodpile to a more “fire safety” location.
All are welcome. Join us for any or all of the fun! Here’s the schedule:
- 10:30 am — Time to arrive with your dish if you’d like to be part of a potluck meal.
- 1:00 pm — The garden/yard work begins after the meal, usually around 1:00 pm.
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm — Refreshments and some informal Dhamma talk.
Half-Day Meditation Retreat — Saturday, April 8
Spend a peaceful afternoon (1:00-5:00 pm) deepening your practice and meditating with the monks at Yoga Samadhi in White Salmon. Enjoy silent sitting and walking meditation, as well as Dhamma reflections from Ajahn Sudanto.
All are welcome. Cushions, blankets and chairs are available. Stay for all or part of the afternoon. If you enter or leave after meditation has begun, please be as quiet as possible and try to do so when there is a break between meditations or between meditation and the Dhamma discussion.
Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD) — April 21 and 22
PFoD hosts the monks once a month, beginning in April and continuing through November. Here is the schedule:
- Friday, April 21, 5:30 – 9:00 pm — Tea, questions, meditation and a Dhamma talk (5:30 – 9:00 pm)
- Saturday, April 22, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm) — Alms round on Hawthorne Street (10:30 am), then a meal offering at PFoD beginning at 11:00 am)
For more information, contact PFoD.