UPDATE: August 11 Half-day of Meditation has been cancelled. All other regular monthly events (Garden Party and PFoD visit) and Tuesday night sits are on. The monks will participate in an August 18 Walk to Feed the Hungry in Portland. And, calling all woodswomen and woodsmen!
Could Use a Little Help in the Forest
Forest maintenance work earlier this year has left some cut wood that needs to be gathered and brush that needs to be pulled together into piles. If you’re interested in helping, please come to the August 4 Garden Party or email the Hermitage to set up another day and time. Your help would be much appreciated!
- AUGUST 4 — Garden Party at the Hermitage. Time: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm. You can come for any or all of the activities. It’s a great way to see the Hermitage, help out in the yard, get to know some folks and have some fun!
- 10:30 am: Potluck meal (Tell the meal dana coordinator if you’re coming.)
- 1 – 3 pm: Yard work and other chores
- 3 – 4 pm: Tea and chat (until 4 pm)
- CANCELED: AUGUST 11 — Half-Day of Meditation
- AUGUST 17 & 18 — Monks at Portland Friends of the Dhamma (PFoD) Friday evening, Saturday morning for the meal offering and Saturday afternoon for the Walk to Feed the Hungry. The walk is in support of Buddhist Global Relief, chaired by Venerable Bhikkhu Bodhi, which undertakes projects that provide food aid to people afflicted by malnutrition and starvation. Click here for more information about the Portland schedule.
- TUESDAY NIGHT SITS — Community Meditation, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Yoga Samadhi, White Salmon, WA. Cushions & chairs available.