“Clearing the Path” is the theme for this year’s Pah Bah, to be held on September 17th and 18th.
The annual gathering will once again take place in Underwood, Washington. We will celebrate with and enjoy visitors from Temple Forest Monastery as well as from Abhayagiri.
Event Location and Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 17:
- 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Meditation retreat
Sunday, Sept. 18:
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Meal Offering. All are welcome to join the potluck meal. Or if you prefer, please feel free to bring your own meal with you. If you would like to bring a dish to share, please arrive by 10 a.m.
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Pah Bah Offering Ceremony.
Reminders and Requests as We Draw Near
- If you would like to stay overnight in the area, book early, as things do fill up this time of year.
- We are seeking a volunteer or two to lead the kitchen, lead the set-up on Saturday, and lead the tear-down on Sunday. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- All are welcome to attend any part or all of the activities. Kids and families will enjoy the ample room at the UCC to run and play outside – there is a playground for kids and kids at heart.
Donations offered will support development activities on the upper parcel of the Pacific Hermitage property, clearing the path for the Abbot’s Kuti to be constructed next spring. The Sanghata Foundation will also direct a portion of funds raised toward a down payment on future land purchases as they become available to create a buffer between the Pacific Hermitage and development in the area.
To donate, please visit the Sanghata Foundation website.
For more information about this year’s Pah Bah or to volunteer, please contact email@example.com.